The FireWise Mission
FireWise of Southwest Colorado inspires, motivates, educates and serves individuals, organizations and communities joining together to protect lives and property from wildfire.
The FireWise Council meets on the 3rd Tuesday every other month beginning in January. Meetings are held at the San Juan Public Lands Center (FS/BLM Office), 15 Burnett Court, Durango from 4:30 – 7:00 PM. A light dinner is served.
Contact Amanda Brenner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Bill Trimarco (email@example.com)
for dates/times of Chapter meetings in
Mancos and Pagosa Springs.
Click here for full calandar
- » About Us
- Provide a coordinated, consistent, interagency, and consensus-driven approach to wildland fire education in southwest Colorado.
- Encourage and motivate homeowners and communities to take an active role in preparing for wildfire.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of key messages.
- Facilitate information sharing across agencies and jurisdictional lines.
- Establish and grow partnerships with private and public entities that have a stake in wildfire prevention and education.
- Develop resources and support for educational and other community led activities in southwest Colorado.
What We Do
FireWise can connect you with the knowledge, resources, and tools that you and your neighbors need to reduce the risk of wildfire to you, your home, your family, and your community.
FireWise focuses on three basic areas: